Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chapter II - War and Pieces

My journey to B3QP-K was briefly sidetracked by an Intergalactic News flash; IN having made no mention of significant Caldari 'rumors' (as the were referenced) in this leg of his journey I decided investigating would be something He would do. If He'd do it, then so should I.

Sidetracked

To me it looked like a prehistoric fish skeleton suspended in the void, but my shuttle's computer decided we'd found a 'Giant Snake-Shaped Asteroid'.

Snakes on a (Temporal) Plane:



Either way, the number of red crosses crowding my HUD led to a decision to quickly jump to a friendly marker which itself was surrounded by menacing, nesting rings; perhaps constructed by a civilization fascinated with Matrioshka dolls.

Matrioshka Rings:



The lack of interstellar pegs halted any speculation that I might be subjected to some perverse Towers of Hanoi test by Gallente admirers of Edouard Lucas. Eerily I realized, Something had pulled me off course that IN had never mentioned; perhaps there were trials and tribulations he had spared us from. I bid the rings adieu and carried on, wondering how many temptations would draw me from the true path.

Domestic Violence Hurts Everyone

I arrived at B3QP-K and... nothing. I was alone in local and it had been awhile since I'd seen any other ships at all. What now? I knew that He had been podded in this very system and I wondered if I shouldn't have brought some livestock or a janitor to sacrifice in remembrance. I took a moment of silence and, dazed, randomly jumped through stargates until I found a station to dock at.

Having experienced a moment so momentuous even Hallmark has no card for it, reality came crashing down around me as my docking request was denied. Denied? I quickly scanned the Historical Documents and realized now was not yet the time; I had much to do before I would be allowed to dock in such places.

No skipping ahead:



I decided that I would explore a little more before returning the my current home in 0.0 space; IN had expediated this by getting himself podded but perhaps 0.0 space had been awash with a unprecedented peace since His time.

This is when Die Well made an appearance, quickly obliterating my shuttle before I could warp away. In shock at this turn of events, and with the prospect of a long journey in my cramped pod, I returned to the scene of the crime to inspect my once proud shuttle - now a steaming wreck of twisted metal suspended in space.

I understand and forgive you:




Die Well had scampered away, off-loading more rage on unsuspecting travellers, or at least I thought... no sooner had I began gawking at the debris he'd made of my shuttle did he return to quickly finish the job on my pod. I could only help smiling at the fortuitous homicide inflicted on me - I'd fallen in step with IN once again, thanks to a man and his abusive spouse...

No comments: