Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chapter I - No Present Like the Time

IM spent a good half a year building up the content of the Historical Documents. I've the luxury of foresight in following him, though this may be a dubious advantage - Eve is alive and I've no idea how much has changed in the short time since IM made his journey.

The trip to FDZ4-A was uneventful right up until my arrival. My formal welcome to 0.0 space was a battery of laser fire slicing across my bow courtesy MrTriggerHappy, prompting me to quickly dock. Trigger happy indeed...

Fully prepared for this turn of events I bravely confronted the brigand:



Faced with the prospect of a group so cohesive that they answered questions for one another, I briefly considered abandoning my quest altogether. My first test so soon?! The lucrative local opportunities in jam can consulting did catch my eye:



...of course I reconsidered. It is only natural for a man to stumble initially when starting out on such a momentous and important quest! Thankfully I don't recall IM citing flagellation as an effective way to attone for impropriety.

In due course I managed to secure safe passage - mention of IM brought some hazy remembrance; much less than what I'd expect considering this is where He began. This will change as the number of pilgrims making this trek grows.

I made the mistake of mentioning the slick sales pitch of the shuttle salesman who'd sold me my shuttle in preparing to depart. For a moment I forgot I was a guest in someone else's space making a dangerous pilgrimmage.

Here I not only tell them they're wrong, but I use numbers to do it:



I happily took leave of the denizens of the system with nary a shot fired in my direction, continuing on to B3QP-K where IM was first podded. Needless to say, my own fate was thus sealed but not in so inglorious a fashion as you might expect...

No comments: